The “Z” designation is represented by the use of Zirconium as plating material for the precision machined Brass valve body. Atomic developed a Zirconium over Chrome over Brass plating process to deliver corrosion-resistance 3-4 times that of conventional chrome plating.
Atomic Performance Plus Economy
Designing affordability doesn’t mean using shortcuts
The Z2 is our most compact and economical regulator system. But its rare combination of performance, ergonomics and materials is unmatched by competitors at any price. The Z2 gives divers the assurance of the same Limited Lifetime Warranty as all Atomic regulators.
- First stage materials are chrome plated Brass and 316 Stainless Steel
- Atomic Jet Seat high-flow piston first stage
- Optional factory-sealed first stage to prevent outside contamination such as silt and sand
- Nitrox ready for mixtures up to 40%
- First stage ports available in 2 HP fixed / 7 LP on fixed cap
- Second stage components are made of precision machined Brass with Zirconium plating and Titanium
- Patented Atomic Seat Saving Orifice (Titanium)
- Patented Atomic Automatic Flow Control (AFC)
- Rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in special situations
- A new high-flow second stage case that significantly lowers breathing effort at any depth from shallow water to beyond the limits
- Dual material second stage cover enables entire front to be used for purge
- Dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs
- 2 year/300 dive service interval
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Our most compact and economical safe second, the Z1 shares the same high performance breathing characteristics and patented design features found in our more expensive models. The second stage features the exclusive Atomic Aquatics AFC (automatic flow control) for natural effortless breathing at every depth without having to make external adjustments. The critical metal components of the demand valve (lever, orifice and spring) are all made of titanium and are completely corrosion proof. The demand valve housing is machined of brass and plated with an exotic Zirconium plating that outlasts conventional chrome plating by 3-4 times. The combination of high quality materials and the patented Seat Saving Orifice Design result in a regulator that is extremely reliable and trouble-free even in the harshest conditions. A manual override adjustment knob is provided to reduce the regulators sensitivity during entries or exits.
***Delivery / Shipping Time 7 - 14 Days***