What is it?
The A.P.A. or Active Purge Assist is revolutionary new pneumatically assisted inflate/deflate system available exclusively on and for TUSA BCJ's.
The system looks like a standard BC inflator, but it's not. In fact, the A.P.A. has several design and performance enhancements that sets it apart from the rest.
A newly designed O.P.E.V. (Over Pressure Exhaust Valve) and low profile in-line corrugated hose is coupled to the A.P.A. inflator body offering precise buoyancy control and adjustment at your fingertips.
Uniquely, the system can be mounted on the BCJ in a variety of ways including: (See pictures opposite)
1. Traditional, over the shoulder.
2. Underarm, positioned a pocket/hip.*
3. Underarm, positioned in centre chest - ideal for
* Requires TC-753 Mounting Strap.
Routing the A.P.A. under the arm positions it in the hip area offering quick access and a more streamlined setup. In addition, the centre-chest position can aid buoyancy control for some handicapped divers.
How does it work?
The A.P.A. power controls are precise and allow for fine-tuning buoyancy by utilizing a very small amount of air from the cylinder. The pneumatically assisted power deflation along with the newly designed O.P.E.V. dramatically increases flow rates - resulting in an immediate and ultra-efficient purging of the air-cell.
The system offers three ways to purge your BCJ:
1. A.P.A. power deflate.
2. Standard pull dump.
3. Exhaust from oral inflator.
- Revolutionary pneumatic assisted purge system for TUSA BCJ’s.
- Increased flow rates (inflate/deflate) for better performance over standard inflators.
- Newly designed O.P.E.V. immediately responds to user input.
- Streamlined design reduces drag and bulkiness.
- Achieve perfect buoyancy with precise fingertip controls.
- 3 ways to purge a BCJ – APA pneumatic, standard pull dump, exhaust from oral inflator.
- Designed for low maintenance and easy care decreasing inflator malfunctions.
- Optional on TUSA BCJ’s or as add-on accessory.
The A.P.A. system is standard on the BCJ-7000C Conquest and the BCJ-9300C Selene II and available as an add-on accessory for current TUSA BCJ's.